Who are we?
The Association of Youth Ministry Educators (AYME) is a Christian faith-based organization and collegial gathering of professionals committed to developing the next generation of youth ministers.
- We affirm the tenets of the Christian faith as articulated in the Apostle’s Creed, and pursue unity while honoring the broad expressions of our faith. (Col. 2:2-3; 1 Cor. 12:12; Eph. 4:15-16)
- Our membership includes teachers, scholars, researchers, and graduate students in the field of youth ministry. This includes those affiliated with institutions of higher education as well as organizations involved in non-formal education such as denominational and para-church organizations.
What do we do?
We gather in order to further the field of youth ministry education through cooperative networking, scholarly contributions, and critical engagement with the varied practices of youth ministry and other disciplines.
What core values govern our work?
- Service to Christ’s church
- Critical thinking and scholarship
- Collegial and collaborative relationships
- Dialogue with people from distinct backgrounds and contexts
The Association of Youth Ministry Educators is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization.